Fiber-cement siding is a great choice of residential siding. Hardie boards are an example of a popular brand. Fiber-cement siding is durable, versatile, and comes in a wide range of styles. They’re also resistant to insects and mildew. Cleaning them twice a year will ensure they look amazing. Keep reading to learn how to clean different types of stains off the fiber-cement siding.
1. Dirt and dust: Use a soft cloth or a soft brush, since a stiff-bristled brush can damage the surface. You also don’t need to use any cleaning solutions. Brush away dirt and then rinse the area with a garden hose. Repeat if necessary. If you’re using a cloth, wet it with plain water and wipe the dirt away. Work from top to bottom and do six-feet sections at a time.
2. Mold, mildew, and algae: Make sure you use a cleaner made just for the task, such as Mildew Check. Follow the instructions. When cleaning, use a sponge to scrub the dirty area and a soft cloth to wipe it. Afterward, use a garden hose to rinse it away.
3. Oil or grease: Use a soft cloth and a mix of dish soap and water. It’s very important never to use harsh cleaners on fiber-cement siding. Brush or wipe the affected area to clean it, then rinse it with a garden hose.
The downside to all these methods is that they’re time-consuming and require a lot of physical labor. Experts say DIY pressure washing isn’t a great option since it’s so easy to damage the surface with too much pressure or incorrect technique. If you do decide to try pressure washing, use a wide-fan tip about six inches from the wall. Make sure the pressure setting is less than 1,500 pounds per square inch (PSI).
Don’t Settle For Less, Go With The Best Fiber-Cement Cleaning In Springfield
If you’d rather have pressure washing experts clean your fiber-cement siding, call Grime Fighters today. We use soft washing to eliminate mold, mildew, and other stains. Your home or business will look spectacular when we’re done. While we’re there, ask us about services for other parts of your property. Some of the other cleaning services we offer include:
- Driveway Cleaning: Arrive in style on clean concrete, asphalt, or exposed aggregate driveway. Driveway cleaning eliminates oil spots, tree decay, and more.
- Concrete Cleaning: Stubborn stains are no match for our expert concrete cleaning. Sidewalks and other concrete surfaces look great when we’re done.
- Roof Cleaning: We soft wash asphalt shingles to get rid of mildew and streaks. We also clean cedar shake roofs and more.
At Grime Fighters, we love to go above and beyond to provide awesome customer service. We’re a veteran-owned and operated business, and nothing makes us happier than helping our community look and feel its best. Got an old house that hasn’t been washed in years? Give us a call. Need a quick storefront cleaning to help attract customers? Contact us to get a free quote. For the best fiber-cement cleaning in Springfield and beyond, call Grime Fighters today!